Thank you again for your support and participation in the Type 1 Diabetes Luminary Lighting! If you can’t participate, please pass along the luminaries to a friend, neighbor or someone who can.
Directions for November 5th:
1. Fill luminary bag with 2 cups of sand, rice or small rocks.
2. Place tea light inside the bag.
3. In the morning, place the bag outside your front door, visible from the street, and light the candle as soon as it gets dark.
4. Keep candle lit in honor of the Type 1 Luminary Lighting event.
5. Hang the Type 1 Diabetes Fact Sheet on your front door for people to read and become “enlightened.”
6. On the morning and night of the Luminary Lighting event, take pictures with your luminaries in front of your home/street and send to P.O. Box 2813 Westport, CT 06880 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hopefully the weather will be great on November 5th, if it is raining or too windy to light the luminaries then wait until the next best evening. November is Diabetes awareness month so we have the entire month to enlighten the Nation.
Keep your luminaries in your sock drawer for safe keeping until November 5th -or- keep a note in your sock drawer to remind yourself where you have them stored. (If we all keep the luminaries in the same place then we can remind each other where to find them on Nov. 5th and for years to come.)
Note: All luminary bags are flame resistant. However, be sure to be careful and do not leave the bags unattended.